Monday, March 15, 2010

No Points for "Trying" Here!

I wouldn't say I'm the biggest procrastinator ever, but I'm up there. Friday morning Science class, I was given an assignment...here it is..."Make a Balloon Car".


This isn't mine, by the way.


I figured it would be easy. Easy as pie. And by pie, I mean apple, blueberry, cherry or chocolate pie, not 3.1415 kind of pi. By the way, Pi Day was yesterday! Albert Einstein was born on Pi Day! Back to the subject...I thought building a balloon car would be easy.

Long story short, I was wrong. After a temper tantrum and giving up, I did my pilates and went to bed.

I woke up this morning, only to tell my mother that I would not be attending classes this morning because I refused to fail. She told me that they had to give me marks for trying. Well, this is not true. (Here's where the moral of my story comes in...)

Between the ages of 3-12, they give you marks or points for "trying" because they want you to learn that "trying" helps you to succeed. Well, as true as this is, in the real world, not only do you need to try...but you need to succeed.

In Grade 10 Science, you do not get marks for "trying".

No comments:

Post a Comment

b