Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hey RAN

I am of the female gender. In case you haven't noticed. I care about what I wear...usually. There is the occassional fashion mishap. For example, my basketball pajama pants. Most likely, the ugliest things in the world. I wear em all the time. But I am partial to getting new clothes and...wearing them and...having people notice. I am, after all, a girl. Well, my three-year-old sister is the same way. When she gets new clothing, (which happens to be all the time, as spoiled as she is) she likes to stand in front of a person until this person notices, comments in a high pitched voice and smiles. I forgot what it's like to be three.

So, Shaylynn (the three year old sister of mine), gets a new dress, and she loves it. I'm on the computer. I could care less. She runs up to me.



Shaylynn: "Hey Ran." (She calls me "Ran". She can say "Brianna" but "Ran" just seems to be SO much more fun)
Me: (not even looking) "Hey Shaylynn."



Shaylynn: "Hey. Uncle Raaaaansey." (Now, I am not her uncle. I am not even a man. It just so happens that humor comes in all shapes and sizes for children. Calling someone who is obviously not their uncle, their uncle, is just hilarious.)
Me: (still not looking) "Hey. Shaaaaaay."



Shaylynn: "Hey RAN."
Me: (looks) "What?" (all of the following in a high pitched voice) "Oh, hey Shaylynn! Nice dress! You look soooo pretty!"
Shaylynn: "Thanks Ran." (runs away)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we were all children at one time. Just humor them.

2 comments:

  1. I so absolutely love your blog and the way you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, we females will always want to be noticed, funny how God made us that way. That's why we have to notice each other, right? Just like you noticed Shaylynn. Great post! Love your sense of humor. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

b